Monday again? Well, I have something to smile about. This recipe for Caprese Baked Egg Cups comes from How Sweet It Is. I love this blog. Everything she makes looks amazing. It isn't exactly healthy, far from it in fact. But she finds ways to reference Mean Girls and Entourage in the same post, and that to me is just about the edge of brilliance.
These egg cups caught my eye because they contain all of my favorite things: dead baby chicken eggs, tomatoes, cheese, and basil. Plus they are super simple to make. Which is always a plus. AND, I was able to purchase all of the ingredients at my favorite super market ever. I mean besides the basil... that came straight from my back deck.
| Eggs, cheese, tomatoes. Yum. |
Caprese Baked Egg Cups from How Sweet It Is
Ingredients:
- 4 or 8 eggs (depending on if you want 1 or 2)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3-4 ounces mozzarella cheese, chopped (Trader Joe's marinated mozzarella is amazing!!)
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons cream or milk
- salt and pepper
- softened butter (I just sprayed my ramekins with Pam)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter (or Pam) each ramekin and fill with a few pieces of tomato, cheese and basil.
- Crack one or two eggs into each and season with salt and pepper, then add 1/2 teaspoon of milk to each egg to prevent them from drying.
- Add a few tomatoes, cheese and basil on top and set on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, then turn on the broiler and bake for about 5 minutes more (I had to add another 10 minutes on top of this, but I think that is because my ramekins are kinda big). Watch carefully to determine how runny/firm you want your yolks.
- Serve hot with toasted, crusty bread.
| Yummy! |
| Cheese! |
Happy {meatless} Monday!
3 comments:
I love Jessica's blog. She is one of my new favorite food bloggers. This recipe looks fantastic!
I am apparently behind on this blog so I'll be catching up on it today. Thanks for that.
I was going to say, thanks for the shoutout on those dead baby chickens but then you had to get all Trader Joe Lover on me! :)
These look delicious!!!
Post a Comment