Pretty sure there's been some deception going on in the Gibson family. Check it out:
Last night was Brooke's birthday. So she texted me, "Dinner at 5:45." Then Drew texted like two minutes later, "Dinner is at 5:30 now." So as I was scrambling to leave the house at 5:25 to meet the fam at Jack Stack, a light bulb went off. I called Drew and demanded he tell me if he lied about the dinner time being changed because he knew I'd be late so he gave me an early time. He said no.
Then I showed up to the restaurant, clearly late for the 5:30 time, and Brooke wasn't even there. I'm pretty sure there is a conspiracy against my lateness. In all actuality, it isn't a bad idea to tell me to be somewhere 15 minutes before I need to be there. But now that I know, I'm probably just going to plan to be 15 minutes late to everything. Bam.
And because it was a birthday celebration, you know we had cheesecake. We headed back to Jack's house (as opposed to Jack Stack) after dinner for some creamy deliciousiocity.
 |
| Original Cheesecake with a Cinnamon Strudel Topping. Oh yeah. |
Do you still think it looks a little plain? Well, leave it to Cheryl to get that thing all dolled up with whipped cream and homemade cherry sauce.
 |
| Top it off! |
 |
| Yes please!!! |
It was Brooke's birthday, so you'd think we'd talk about her. Not so much. Jack kind of took the spotlight, per the usual. :)
 |
| Loving his puppy. |
 |
| I love dessert! |
 |
| Nom nom nom! |
 |
| Cheese. |
 |
| Still eating... |
 |
| Anything on my face? |
 |
| This one melts my heart. I love that kid. |
After two cupcakes and lots of whipped cream, the kid was still hungry. He went begging for sweets from other people's plates. We're way too weak to say no.
 |
| Uncle Drew won't even share with me. How'd Jack pull this off? |
 |
| Stealing bites from mommy. |
 |
| Practicing the finger waggle. Please note the BBQ sauce covered shirt. |
Then it was time to show off his new toy. A bike!!!
 |
| Sweet ride! |
He's been working really hard on sharing. So when grandpa asked for a ride, Jack was kind enough to share.
Then he made Grandma go for a spin. Cheryl was concerned I'd post pictures. Sorry Cheryl! You know I had to!!!
Then things got kind of weird when Jack started wearing his socks on his hands... and making us put them on too.
 |
| I think he's giving me the finger waggle from inside the sock. |
 |
| High Sock Five! |
 |
| That sock looks a little small for Grandpa. |
After he put his PJ's on I caught him with his finger up his nose. I told him I'd put it on the internet to shame him out of this habit. I don't think my threats are working.
 |
| Booger Picker. |
So, you know we've been laying down the pressure to play baseball. Well, Jack came up with his own version. It's called Diaper Ball. You use a (clean) diaper rolled up into a ball and catch it with your sock hand. The kid's a genius.
 |
| Catch! |
 |
| Diapers are way easier to catch than baseballs! |
 |
| Intermission for some puppy love. |
 |
| Stop it. How cute is he in those pj's??? |
 |
| Back to the game! Grandpa is a natural at Diaper Ball. |
 |
| Practice your form. |
 |
| He's so funny!!! |
 |
| You know you want to hug that sock-handed kid. |
I tried for a Jack & Jamie shot... fail. We got a little too close.
 |
| Love you JJ! |
Happy 26th Birthday to Brooke! I'm so glad we're finally the same age. :) And sorry your party turned into another Jack-a-Palooza. We wouldn't have it any other way.
3 comments:
Can we make a deal to betroth Jack and Sophie?!?! He is too freakin cute.
Um...you were kidding with that 26 thing right? Cause if you're only 26 I'm going to feel old and worry about how when we are old childless friends together I'll be 80 and you'll be a YOUNG 78.
Kel, I think there's a waiting list!
D, I'm pretty sure by that time I'll only be like 55.
Post a Comment