Also, Drew and I never go out to eat. I mean, besides my monthly dinner with the girls, there isn't much restaurant action at the Gibson house. For Valentine's Day Drew wanted to take me out for dinner and I was completely undecided on where to go. There are always tons of restaurants I want to go to, but when we finally decide to go out, all I can think is Mexican. So Drew suggested instead that we have a Valentine's breakfast. Does this guy know me or what???
Eggct. it is.
There is always a super long wait for a table. But the wait is totally worth it. Plus, if you can pony up to the bar while you wait you can score a cup of their fabulous coffee. One of my favorite things about Eggct. is the huge coffee cups. It makes me feel like I'm on Friends. But because we ordered coffee at the bar, we ended up with these shot glass size cups.
Much better!!!
Drew is a recent coffee drinking convert. Can you believe that until a couple of months ago he didn't have any caffeine in the morning? Now I make him a cup every morning... then finish off the rest of the pot. Did I say food was my only vice? I forgot about the caffeine addiction. Coffee = Morning Crack.
While we waited for our food I decided to give Drew his Valentine's Day card. I like to have him open his card at the restaurant, but have to be careful after a serious card crisis last Valentine's Day. I gave Drew a card that had "dirty" candy hearts on the front. Instead of the usual "Love U" and "Be Mine" the hearts had some very risque sayings. Hilarious. Until Drew left the card on the table when we left. Needless to say we do not go back to that Houlihan's anymore. I made sure to put the card back in my purse immediately after he read it.
Food's here!!! Drew ordered the Burrito Despierto.
Very good!
Sounds weird. Tastes good.

Oh, and I was unable to pass up the Valentine's special: Red Velvet pancake.
Oh, and I was unable to pass up the Valentine's special: Red Velvet pancake.
Hey, it's Valentine's Day. I can order two breakfasts if I want to.
O.M.G. OMG OMG OMG.
This is my OMG face.
What a perfect way to celebrate with my sweetheart! I know some people say Valentine's Day is just an excuse for the card companies to make money, but I say any day that gives me an excuse to eat red velvet pancakes and spend time with my honey is alright by me.
Happy Valentine's Day!!!
2 comments:
Did you know they are putting in a eggct. by the minskys near my parents house? I definitely need to check this place out. Oh, and in regards to addictions I at my piece of cake for breakfast this morning and invited myself over to my parents this evening for another piece. I have a chocolate cake problem.
I ate my cake for dinner last night before we went to the gym! Best. Cake. Ever.
Post a Comment