I don't even know where to start. This book was so good. It combined all my favorite things: cooking, cookbooks, blogging, and Julie. She is seriously hilarious. Her profanity is a tad excessive, but not offensive. I'm interested to see the movie b/c I have a feeling her character will be very different than in the book. I can't picture Amy Adams saying, "Balls to that." But maybe I'll be surprised.The book is so entertaining, I actually found myself pausing to say out loud, "I love this book!" I just couldn't contain myself. I tried to imagine myself making the things she made. She had a very hard time finding the ingredients because things common in France in 1950 were slightly hard to come by in 2003 NY. I think I'd have an even harder time: where would you go in the KC metro to find bone marrow or brains? Where does one find a duck? I did get a good chuckle when I was at WalMart yesterday and looked down to see a package of chicken livers. Gross. The book did not make me want to cook. The recipes actually really sicked me out. Entertaining none the less! Can't wait to see the movie!
Another note: I think the book might be hard to get through if you are in anyway a conservative. She takes a lot of stabs at Republicans throughout the book as she works at a government agency so the topic comes up quite often. If it were the other way around and she were liberal-bashing, I might find her much less endearing.
Now, do you think there's any chance of turning my cookbook of the week post into a book/movie? I would play myself and Zac Effron could play Drew and who wouldn't want to see it? I don't live in a fantasy land at all...
2 comments:
I would totally read/watch your book/movie, I think you are highly entertaining. I am so glad you like the book. It saved me from a very boring flight to England.
You and Zac, I can see it now!!
Jamie!! I love your blog and it makes me miss you! you are so pretty and popular!!
Post a Comment