Monday, September 14, 2009

Success!

It was an exciting day in Jamie-Land today. It doesn't take much to get me excited, but these are all big and exciting things to be sure.

Know what makes me happy? New running shoes!!! Know what makes me even happier??? Purple running shoes!!! I've been wearing the same style of shoe since I started running seriously (sort of seriously) and it has always been in boring blue and white. Earlier this summer I went to Garry Gribble's to buy said running shoe and was thrilled to death that they'd added some yellow to this season's design. But I never expected this:

Best part of my new job: I get to expense running shoes. Woot! To add to the excitement, my race number from the Head for the Cure 5K had a 20% off coupon for Mizuno's from Garry's. It was meant to be.

Next up on the list of excitement for today: Cinnamon! I have a serious obsession with cinnamon, almost as much as I do with peanut butter. I like to mix them together in fact. I'm in love with this spice store in Old Overland Park called Penzey's. I found it after my friend Katrina told me about their amazing sandwich sprinkle. It changed the way I eat grilled cheese. Good stuff. So I signed up for their catalog which now comes with a coupon to try their new products. This month's product was their new cinnamon blend... perfect timing as I'd just run out of China Cassia Cinnamon. Here's a blurry picture, because I'm sure you care about cinnamon as much as I do:


On to the biggest, most exciting news of the day:

I found pumpkin!!! I checked 3 different grocery stores while I was out today and finally found it in the organic section at HyVee. The HyVee check out gal was even surprised. She said it must have just come in today because they've had people asking for it all week. She then proceeded to question me about what I'm going to make with it while other people waited to check out. I told her pumpkin muffins and she asked how you make those. Like, she wanted details... flour, sugar, and pumpkin wasn't good enough for her. I was getting some serious stare-downs from the people behind me.

And here they are, the pumpkin protein muffins I've been dying to make for weeks... topped with some of the new cinnamon. Woot! They are super tasty (I already ate 2).

Clearly it doesn't take much to make me happy: new shoes and carbs do the trick every time. Happy Monday Blogger Friends!

No comments: