Back to recipes! This week's cookbook was a gift from Brooke on one of our very first Christmases together. I don't even think I was a Gibson when she gave it to me. Ahh memories...
I have a million Post-Its stuck throughout the book marking recipes I want to try. But this was my first time actually making one of them. I chose Garlic Lemon Shrimp Linguine because it was Friday night and pasta sounded like just the thing the night before a long run! Butter also sounded like just the thing.
I subbed whole wheat linguine for regular and used like half the butter and it still came out very buttery. It also asked you to simmer 1/2 cup of dry white wine into the sauce which didn't happen. We have wine at our house, but it's all red except for a bottle of Relax reisling, which I'm pretty sure isn't considered dry. Still good. See, even Drew thinks so:
I usually use bottled minced garlic because I hate messing with the peeling and such that goes into fresh garlic. I broke down and used all 8 cloves called for in the recipe and two days later my hands still smell like it! It reminds me of Rachael Ray and how she always talks about how she eats so much garlic that it permeates from her skin and she always smells like it. That's hot. So yep, there you have it... another fabulous and tasty meal at the Gibson household. Has anyone noticed that we always eat on the couch?
1 comment:
I did notice you always eat on the couch! Chris and I do too, while we watch Pardon The Interuption. But lately I've been forcing us to eat at the table. We'll see how long that lasts! :)
Post a Comment