Thursday, September 10, 2009

Football Season Officially Begins!

Okay, it started last week, but I'm slow to post. If you didn't know, we love K-State. We love K-State football. And we love Bill. Just some highlights from last week's game... or tailgate rather, because who wants to look at pictures of a football game?

Who wasn't thrilled by the purple Bud Light cans??? I was. Kelly was. I just hope this isn't a short time thing, because it is going to be pretty hard for me to go back to drinking beer from a blue and silver can!

Drew looks grumpy, but really I just caught him as he was taking his jello shot. He's really enjoying and savoring the jello-y vodka-y goodness. Jello shots are sort of a tradition around our tailgates. I think it is absolutely fabulous that I have a mother in law who makes jello shots!

My favorite people! Well, minus one big ol' chunky 1 year old.

Toasting with our jello shots. We can't go into the game without taking a group jello shot. It's tradition.

I love this picture b/c of the shot being taken behind us.

Yea preggers! Doctor said Sam is having a baby in 2 weeks! Have you ever seen someone so fabulously pregnant? She looks so good! I'm pretty sure that along with a baby there are rainbows and sunshine in that belly too. She's just glowing. Well, and making a funny face. But to her credit she didn't know I was taking a picture.

If only Wichita and KC were closer. I miss my Ta-Town friends so much! And Game-Day Heather is also on my list of favorite things.

Worst picture ever, but I thought it was necessary to take a picture inside the stadium. Love you Drew!!!

Bill is back! Our seats are really high, which allows us a pretty good view of the entire stadium, but the first time I went up there a few seasons back (Ron's first year... we don't talk about those years much.) I had to fight some serious dizziness and paranoia that I was going to fall. I have a pretty strong aversion to heights. Anyways... look at that packed house!!! Everyone came out to see Bill!
After the game we stopped at my favorite place in Manhattan to fill up with Cokes and candy! I love you Dara's! I was pretty disappointed in the candy selection. No Laffy Taffy!

Cats won, not by a lot. But I'm excited for the season and to see what Bill can do with our boys.

3 comments:

Trophy Wife said...

I'm going to ruin your day. Get ready. I heard that there is a controversy about the colored cans. The State of Kansas (and Missouri, other school have these too, in their colors, not that we care) (other side note: I keep using your "life is too short to live in missouri" line, or rather your dad's line) ANYWAY! The two states think they promote underage drinking and want them to stop. I don't know if that will happen or not...

Jamie said...

I heard that, but I heard it was just KU. If they think the color of the can is what is causing underage drinking, they're a litte bit off base. I suppose a 5 year old might be more attracted to it, but an 18 year old is going to drink a damn beer regardless of its color. Guess we'd better stock up while we can!

Bryan said...

It is definitely KU and MU, not the states. There is a quote from Pat Bosco saying that, basically, "KSU doesn't give two sh*ts about the purple cans as long as they don't say KSU or have a powercat on them."