Ummm... where were we? Oh yeah, part two of our fantastic (albeit long ago) trip to the city that doesn't sleep.
Monday morning started out in line for tickets to the late show. Hooray for David Letterman! Too bad Jimmy was in Orlando. I will not forgive him.
 |
| Late show! |
After standing in line, filling out applications, and being interviewed by some classy interns we were told that they would call us if we made the cut.
So we hopped on the bus and headed south to Greenwich Village for some people watching and marketing. I love a good market.
 |
| The Flat Iron Building is officially my fave NYC building. |
We hopped off in the village and did some strolling up toward the Chelsea Market.
 |
| Oh how I love a good market! |
 |
| Under the market clock. |
 |
| Wall Art. |
While we were at the market the gal from Letterman called and told us we were IN! Hooray! We were given specific instructions to tell them we were on "Lisa's Gold List" when we showed up.
 |
| Lisa's Gold List |
When we showed up we went through the line, told them we were on the list, and they asked us a few questions. Then we were walked to a special section away from the other fools. An intern explained to us that we (along with another couple) had
really impressed the interview folks and we were being selected as "audience leaders".
 |
| So excited to be audience leaders! |
Being audience leaders meant that we got to sit in the front row and were expected to be really super enthusiastic and keep the energy up in the room. I think they chose us because while we were waiting in line to be interviewed I was singing and dancing to the "tight pants" song... the Jimmy Fallon song. Whatev.
 |
We love Jimmy Dave! |
There were no cameras or phones allowed in the taping. But it was so much fun! Susan Surandon was the guest and her dog accompanied her. We sat right up front and we cheered our asses off. Before the show we watched a video from Alec Baldwin that instructed us to clap and laugh and not think at all. Drew and I were excellent.
 |
| Laughter & Enthusiasm... we got it. |
 |
| The markings that mean we're on the special list. |
After the show, we headed out for some NY eats. If you go to New York please download the app "Menu Pages". It was most helpful in finding places to eat. You can find restaurants by food type and neighborhood and it will find all kinds of great eateries.
 |
| We talk Thai. |
I absolutely blame this tofu curry for what has been a two-month obsession with Thai food. I cannot get enough. And this stuff was good.
 |
| Oh curry, I love you so. |
What do you think we did after dinner? Duh, we got on the bus for the night tour.
 |
| Fancy Schmancy. |
The night tour took us through Brooklyn and downtown New York. Our tour guide was a life-long New Yorker and she was so amazing and fantastic. She had tons of stories and was clearly so proud of her city.
 |
| Concrete Jungle where dreams are made of... |
To get to Brooklyn we had to cross the Manhattan Bridge. Our guide warned us that if we were afraid of heights we might have some issues. I didn't believe her. It was the most horrifying experience of my life. I'm rethinking ever running the NY Marathon because you have to run over the bridges. I was terrified.
 |
| So very bad. |
The tour was amazing. When it was over, we decided we finally had to check out the little hole-in-the-wall bar next to our hotel. It was called Characters and it was definitely full of them. It also had a bumpin' juke box. This might have been my favorite thing we did the whole trip.
 |
| A couple of Characters. |
What a great trip! This solidified NYC as one of my favorite destinations. So much to do! So much energy! So much to eat! Love love love! Now... back to our year of not traveling.
No comments:
Post a Comment