How have I not told you about Chicago?!? I mean, I know I told you about the race, but I definitely did not tell you about how much I love Chicago!
I'm a nervous flyer anyway, but the marathon coupled with the fact that I left my phone at home had me in an unusual state of panic. The only option was to break my month of sobriety and get good and drunk before our flight.
 |
| Worked like a charm. |
We stayed at the Congress Hotel on Michigan Avenue, right across from the race start. The Congress is over 100 years old and said to be haunted. I don't much believe in that sort of thing, but ghosts or no ghosts, it was a peculiar place to stay, to say the least.
 |
| The Congress! |
Since I didn't have my phone, I seem to have lost all the photos from the day before the race. So we'll start with the night after the race. We walked down Michigan Avenue in pursuit of the Hancock building.
 |
| Scott & Britt. |
 |
| The Gibsons. |
 |
| Yeah, we ran that. |
 |
| Sewing machines! |
We waited patiently to get up to the 96th floor of the Hancock Building. Britt & I immediately headed to the women's restroom, said to have the best view in the whole place.
 |
| Sorry boys! |
 |
| Ladies' room views. |
 |
| Romantic, right? |
 |
| Blurry, but scenic. |
Monday brought lots of walking too. We were all over Chicago.
 |
| We LOVE Chicago! |
 |
| The Bean. |
 |
| That's us. In the bean. |
 |
| Have you noticed we like to take silly pics? |
We got seriously lost on our way to Navy Pier.
 |
| Which way? |
 |
| Found it! |
 |
| From the pier. |
And that my friends, is what I've got from Chicago. Sorry it took so long. And sorry this recap sucks. But I felt it was better to post pics with little explanation than nothing at all. Oh, and in case you forgot... this happened in October. I am lazy.
1 comment:
What great pics! You're an amazing athlete and tourist too!! :)
Post a Comment