I love Summer Jamie. She's so much cooler than School Year Jamie. She's relaxed and laid back. She's spontaneous and fun. She has perspective and balance.
School Year Jamie is pretty much the opposite. Stressed. Worried. Hurried. Harried. Uptight. Boring.
Summer Jamie officially takes a 9-month hiatus starting tomorrow as those precious little 6th graders make their way to their first day of middle school.
So I'd like to take a minute to remember Summer Jamie. Here are all the things that Summer Jamie does that we love... things School Year Jamie would never do.
1. Lunch dates with Drew. We work on opposite sides of the city and I get 25-ish minutes for lunch every day at school. So lunch dates don't happen. Except in the summer. I love seeing my cute hubby mid-day. Makes for a great afternoon!
2. Reading on the deck. Most summer mornings I would spend an hour or two sitting on the deck, sipping my coffee, and reading. No guilt, no to-do's, nothing to do but enjoy the sun and a good book. Hell, I don't even read during the school year. So this is seriously the best.
3. Doggie dates. Long walk with the mutts, trips to the dog park, or just a quick afternoon nap. I love hanging with my mutts! I seriously try to walk them daily during the school year, but even if that happens it isn't the same. I have serious guilt about leaving them alone so much!
4. Spontaneous mid-week fun. I do not partake in unplanned social events during the school year. The summer is a different story. So when DeAnna calls and says she has Royals tickets in the Diamond Club, I say yes. And we have an awesome time. That would never happen during the school year!
5. Track Sessions. Once a week I meet Britt to do speed work at the track. We meet super early and do some serious running. It's hard but it makes me feel so good! And, sometimes we get coffee or breakfast after. So much fun! I'm so sad that these workouts will be cut short now... I'm just hoping I can still muster the energy to do them at all!
6. Mid-day Yoga. I've been doing yoga this summer. And I love it! I started going to Hagoyah in Waldo and it is fantastic. I love love love the classes. I love the way it makes me feel for the rest of the day! But the earliest class is at 6:30 AM. I leave for school before 7:00 (on a good day), so that class time would never work. I really want to keep going, but it will have to be in the evening.
7. Bachelorette Nights. Obviously you know how I feel about the Bachelorette. But because the episodes are like 7 hours long, and I go to bed really early, I usually end up watching on my own while I get ready for bed. But during the summer I get to go to Bachelorette parties! It is so much more fun watching with friends. In depth analysis with the girls is way better than listening to Drew's snarky comments. Boys just don't get it.
8. Blog-Reading. I really really like reading all of your blogs. And I suck at it during the school year. The last thing I want to do after getting home from work is to turn on the computer. I try to catch up on weekends, I promise!
9. Wednesday Morning Farmers' Market. The farmers' market is crazy busy on Saturdays. Wednesdays are way more chill and easy to navigate. Plus it's nice to be able to get fresh veggies every few days!
10. The Chew. Have you seen The Chew?!? It's like the View but with cooking. I started watching it because I love me some Clinton Kelly. But I fell in love with the rest of the cast over the summer. Do you know Daphne Oz??? I'm obsessed. She reminds me of a modern day Cher Horowitz. I will miss The Chew!
3 comments:
I feel like this is a challenge for me to get you to do a spontaneous evening outing. I'll keep this in mind. :)
This reminds me of Kaitlin's comment: "I like lake Jamie."
P.S. I would like to schedule a Tuesday night social event at the Moose. Please let me know how much notice you will need to avoid it being considered spontaneous.
Post a Comment