Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Family Fun

Summer is in full swing and here at the Gibson house we have been super busy with important things like pool time, yard work, golf outings, and BBQs.  This weekend was all about the BBQs.  The fam came over for a Sunday night dinner of burgers, corn, pasta salad, and pie.

Jack & his cob.

Yep, he loves corn on the cob.  For real.

We tried to get the boys to do a little photo shoot for us.  Jack loves the camera.  Gabe, who is usually all sunshine and bubbles, was not having it.  The following series of photos makes me laugh as Jack realizes that Gabe doesn't quite get the whole "cheese for the camera" thing yet.

"Come on Gabe, put on your camera face!"

"This kid is such an ametuer."

"Uh... Gabe, you're supposed to smile, not scream."

"But hey, look at me!  I'm still smiling!"
High on my list of summer to-do's is to practice my pie making skills.  I know, I'm such a work-a-holic!

Mmmm... pie.
This pie was a combination of Alton Brown's blueberry pie filling and the Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pie Crust.  You know we take pie pretty seriously around here, and I really wanted to work on my lattice crust.  It's not perfect, but I'd say pretty decent for my first attempt. 

Lattice Work.
It really is my goal to practice pies this summer, so if you invite me over, I'll probably bring you a pie.

Yea pie!

After burgers and pie, we headed out for a trip to the park.  Jack insisted we all go.  Even Mya. 

To the park we go!

Buds.
First up: the see-saw.

The crew stood by as Jack tried out all the playground equipment.
Isn't she so pretty?!?!

Just Chillin'.

Merry-Go-Round.
Jack is almost 4 now, and he's getting braver all the time.  He's definitely pushing his own boundaries and seeing what he's capable of.  Heights are still a little scary.

It would be fun to go higher, but also pretty scary...

Grandpa to the rescue!!!

Look how brave he is!
Jack insisted that Gabe needed to try out the see-saw.  Am I spelling see-saw correctly???

What have I gotten myself into!??

Awwwww!!!

Then Jack wanted to go down the slide and have Gabe at the bottom to catch him.  I think Gabe has realized that his entire life, at least the first few years, is going to be spent as Jack's side kick.  He'd better get used to it.

What are you guys doing to me??

Waiting pensively...

The suspense is killing him!

Ahhh.... woosh!

Gabe might need a helmet.

And finally we'd had enough fun for one night and we headed home.


Jack wore Mya out!  She's not cut out for the heat!!!



Gabe made it safely home, in one piece!
In the midst of all our busy-ness, it's so nice to stop and enjoy a fun night with the fam!  Even if it does take 5 adults, one baby, and two dogs to match the energy levels of one 3 year-old.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please come back to Wichita for another. visit and bring PIE! Mom

Sam said...

Oh my gosh!! Those pictures are hilarious...the boys are getting so big! Oh, and I need a pie...:)

Lauren Grier said...

So stinkin' cute!

OH, and I will need a pie after our run tomorrow:) K? Thanks.