Friday, March 30, 2012

Supper Club Goes to Olathe

The New Year's Resolution to try a new restaurant every month is still going strong!  And heading south... to Olathe. 

I was driving home one day when I saw Haru's Steak & Sushi.  I laughed and told Drew about it because "haru" is what Ari says when he is talking to us.  Or maybe it is "ha-roo".  Ever since then we've joked that he works there as a hibachi cook.

What?  Your dogs don't talk to you?  You think I'm a crazy dog lady?  Nevermind... let us never speak of this again...

Anyways, a gal at work told me she really likes this place... so we added it to our supper club list. 

It was your typical hibachi style steak house... tasty, but nothing special.  Well... not nothing...

Our dinner-mates.
This gal visually assaulted me all night long with her ridiculously bare breasts and her horrifying bitchy-ness.  I took about a thousand pictures "of the guy cooking" just trying to get a good shot of her flashing me.  She must have thought this was my first time and I was super impressed with all the shrimp throwing and onion flaming. 

Not so much.

The flaming onion volcano!!!
 I never got a good shot, but trust me, it was offensive.  At one point I think I saw nipple. 

And that wasn't even the worst of it!  She kept talking nonsense all night and saying ridiculous things.  When our cook tried to give her the chicken she ordered, she made him put it back on the grill and cook the hell out of it because, "all chicken has worms in it and you have to cook it enough or it will kill you instantly." 

I teach food safety, people.  I wanted to smack her.

I did not.  I enjoyed my food and the company of my husband... who decided that if we were ever to go on the show Wife Swap, this would be the couple we would be swapped with.

My food was delicious.  I ordered the standard hibachi meal with vegetables and rice.  

Veggies

We also ordered the Tempura Shitake Mushroom Roll... it was just okay.  The guy next to us (not the crazies across from us) seemed to be a regular and he suggested I order some spicy yum sauce.  It was very yummy!  I don't think it was for sushi, but I dipped mine in there anyway. :)

So... I don't really have good or bad things to say about Haru's.  If you're in Olathe and get a jonesing for some hibachi-style steak... it's probably as good as the next hibachi-style steak house.  I can only hope you don't get stuck across from the Girls Gone Wild gal like we did.

1 comment:

Sam said...

oh how I miss you! Oh, and Drew too:)