In addition to all the down time, the "social committee" put together a little contest to keep us entertained and well-fed. Yesterday was Dip Day at our school. All the teachers were invited to bring a dip to share and then everyone voted on their favorite. Fun, right?
Riiiiight. Turns out I'm uber competitive. Who knew?
I totally obsessed over which dip I would make. Do I go with a universal favorite (spinach dip), or branch out and do something a little exotic? Sweet or savory? Healthy or rich & creamy? It even crossed my mind to add meat.
I know. I really wanted to win. I'm a crazy person.
In the end I went with my instincts and put together this super amazing sounding 7-Layer Crazy Greek Dip. My thinking was that everyone loves 7-layer dip. And who doesn't love hummus? And if other people brought hummus I had six other layers to kick their chickpea-lovin'-butts.
![]() |
| This is the picture from the blog I got the recipe from. You know my pics don't look this good. |
I was nervous when I showed up to Dip Day and was confronted by about a million different dips, half of which included bacon. Bacon. The ingredient that makes everything taste better. I got super self-conscious and figured my silly vegetarian dip would never win.
I was wrong. My logic worked. I totally won. My dip rocked their socks off. And kicked some bacon-butt.
They made an announcement over the intercom telling everyone that "First place goes to our newest employee and cooking teacher, Jamie Gibson!"
It was awesome. I didn't realize how competitive I can be. Lesson learned, you don't need bacon to be awesome.
Write that down.
And make this dip.

4 comments:
You are awesome!! This looks delicious!
Yay, you won! Good job! I want that dip right now!
I would like that dip right now too.
Also, I did write that down: Do not need bacon to be awesome.
And, I'm not surprised you were so competitive nor am I surprised you won!
And I just bookmarked it. We don't keep pork products in the house, so a lovely vegetarian dip like this would go a long way. Thank you for sharing it!
p.s. Pretty much none of my dishes EVER look like any photo that someone has managed to capture of them. This is just the way we live our life.
Post a Comment