Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Digging in the Dirt

If you look closely, you can see in the picture below that Ari and Mya are actually in different yards. Yep, Mya is in our yard and Ari is in the neighbor's yard. Ari finally learned how to jump our sad excuse for a fence! I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner. In some spots he could have literally stepped over the dang thing. He just didn't figure that out... until now!

So our new summer project will be to build a new fence. Our first step was to dig out all the overgrown bushes, trees, and foilage. When I say "our" I really mean Drew and Brett. Brett was nice enough to spend the evening bush whacking with Drew. As you can see, Ari was a big help too. Mya and I supervised.

Those are daffodils next to Drew. They're highly poisonous to dogs... so a good thing to have around when you have two dogs. Okay, I found this out almost a year ago, and they are just now being dug up. Its not like the dogs ever ate them, right?!


Brett took that bush down! About halfway through, some sort of crazy instinct took over Ari. He started digging like crazy! We all just stopped and stared. The little guy dug a huge hole in a matter of minutes! I was terrified we were going to find the old owner's dead cat down there or something. But no, he was just being a dog I guess.

And here are the dogs, plotting a new way to escape...

Mya is definitely the brains of this operation. Ari would never have thought to jump the fence on his own! She doesn't have the physical capabilities, so she just feeds ideas to Ari. Those dogs are rotten!
Stay tuned for all the fence building fun that's sure to come! :)




No comments: